High temperature and rubber bonded fiber reinforced gasket materials have always been a sealing challenge. We set new standards with KLINGER®Quantum. Bending tests reveal that KLINGER®Quantum is eight times more flexible when compared to other materials with similar compounds. This means extended lifetime. KLINGER®Quantum can be used at temperatures higher than any other rubber bonded fiber reinforced gasket materials. Both stress and leakage tests have been successfully performed at 750°F (400°C). The secret is a patented curing process and HNBR binder.
Fibrous rubber-bonded gaskets harden when exposed to heat - some more quickly than others. The effects of thermal cycling (especially in steam applications) can often lead to flanged assembly failures. A more flexible gasket with superior compressibility and recovery properties will withstand greater pressure and temperature fluctuations resulting in a more reliable joint. A soft gasket for a hard job.
- Produced using a unique patented curing process strengthening the HNBR rubber
- Withstands higher temperatures than other rubber bonded fiber materials
- Up to 8 times more flexible than other rubber bonded fiber materials
- Withstands high surface pressure, but also seals at very low surface pressure
- Has a long lifetime and low leakage rate
- FDA compliant (when ordered unbranded) and Fire Safe Tested